Why BYO Group is the right choice for you
- We’ve been in business for over a decade and have a wealth of experience to draw from
- We are experienced industry leaders and career professionals
- We build a close working relationship and get to know your business to help save you time and money
- We tailor our services to your needs to ensure your business priorities are taken care of
- You are assigned a dedicated account manager to look after your business
- Dedicated account managers personally oversees all client work to ensure a close connection with your business
- BYO Group is a member of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and is a registered BAS agent
- We are a Xero Gold Champion partner
Call us today to speak to one of our highly qualified team members about your needs on 0402 100 421
BYO Group offers many bookkeeping services to assist in the day-to-day management of your business.
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Superannuation Guarantee Contribution processing
- Payroll tax
- Single Touch Payroll (STP)
- Bank reconciliations
- Inter-entity loans reconciliations
- Business Activity Statements (BAS) and other ATO reporting requirements (IAS, STP, TPAR)
- Tracking categories and job allocation for improved business management and reporting
- Rescue & Recover for clean-up of accounts
- End of Financial Year review for presentation to your Tax Accountant
- Xero Training
- Specialist Xero Support since 2011
All registered businesses must lodge Business Activity Statements (BAS) with the Australian Taxation Office either each month, quarter or yearly. Companies earning more than $70,000 must lodge their statement to report their activities either online or in paper form about the following:
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Goods and Services
- Luxury Car Tax
- Pay as You Go Withholding
- Pay as You Go Instalments
- Wine Equalisation Tax
At BYO Group, you’ll have a dedicated account manager to oversee all of your business needs, whilst providing you with ongoing support and advice.
BAS Statement Online
Submitting your quarterly BAS online means you could be eligible for a concession that would allow you a further fortnight to lodge it and to pay. To help you through the process, go to:
- https://www.ato.gov.au/General/Online-services/In-detail/Lodging-your-activity-statement-online/. Use your MyGov account to Lodge your BAS – it’s for sole traders and individuals.
- https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Business-Portal/Getting-started/. This business portal is an ATO website which is secure and can be used to manage your BAS.
- https://www.sbr.gov.au/about-sbr/what-sbr/how-get-sbr-enabled-software. You can lodge your BAS online on this secure site directly from the above link, via accounting or payroll software.
BYO Group is committed to providing tailored bookkeeping solutions for all your business needs, giving you peace of mind that everything is being handled according to the proper standards.
How to Complete a BAS Statement
Here’s how to do a BAS statement online or through completing the form. Make sure your figures are accurate, so you report your BAS right the first time and on the due date.
- Check twice to make sure you’ve included all transactions
- Make sure the dates of your sales and expenses correlate with the BAS reporting period
- When using accounting software, be sure to code items properly
- Make sure all your expenses are for the business
Once you have your figures, you can complete your BAS either online or via hard copy but make sure it is lodged with the ATO by the date due.
If the date of your BAS statement lodgement is near, and you don’t know how you will be able to do your BAS by yourself, you might wonder, “Is there a BAS agent nearby or near me?” Just give BYO Group a call on 0402 100 421; alternatively, you can fill in the convenient online form, and we’ll get back to you. We’re here to help.