Why BYO Group is the right choice for you
- We’ve been in business for over a decade and have a wealth of experience to draw from
- We are experienced industry leaders and career professionals
- We build a close working relationship and get to know your business to help save you time and money
- We tailor our services to your needs to ensure your business priorities are taken care of
- You are assigned a dedicated account manager to look after your business
- Dedicated account managers personally oversees all client work to ensure a close connection with your business
- BYO Group is a member of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and is a registered BAS agent
- We are a Xero Gold Champion partner
Call us today to speak to one of our highly qualified team members about your needs on 0402 100 421
BYO Group offers many bookkeeping services to assist in the day-to-day management of your business.
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Superannuation Guarantee Contribution processing
- Payroll tax
- Single Touch Payroll (STP)
- Bank reconciliations
- Inter-entity loans reconciliations
- Business Activity Statements (BAS) and other ATO reporting requirements (IAS, STP, TPAR)
- Tracking categories and job allocation for improved business management and reporting
- Rescue & Recover for clean-up of accounts
- End of Financial Year review for presentation to your Tax Accountant
- Xero Training
- Specialist Xero Support since 2011
The BAS is a requirement of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO)(1) and has to be lodged either monthly or quarterly on the due dates or you as a business owner will be penalised. The BAS statement summarises the amount of Good and Services Tax (GST) you must pay or receive, along with other taxes in Australia, including Australian business number (ABN) withholding tax, and pay as you go (PAYG) tax.
In Australia, registered BAS agents such as our BYO Group have online access to the BAS Agent Portal, a secure website that offers a variety of information and services that helps agents in their work. However, the ATO now offers a new online system(2) for BAS agents with more features than the portal, and agents will need to transition to this new requirement eventually.
At BYO Group, you’ll have a dedicated account manager to oversee all of your business needs, whilst providing you with ongoing support and advice.
For registration, BAS agents have to meet specific requirements and criteria for eligibility and meet the qualifications and experience required by the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA). Before a BAS agent can be registered, they must have at least a Certificate IV Financial Services (Bookkeeping) or a Certificate IV Financial Services (Accounting) from a registered training organisation (RTO) or an equivalent institution. They must also complete a Board-approved course in basic GST/BAS taxation principles.
In Australia, most businesses submit their BAS monthly, quarterly or annually when the due dates occur and their BAS agent calculates the amount of the following taxes they have to pay:
- Instalment notices for GST and PAYG instalments
- Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)
- Fuel Tax Credits
- Luxury Car Tax (LCT)
- Pay As You Go (PAYG) income tax and tax withheld.
- Wine Equalisation Tax (WET)
BYO Group is committed to providing tailored bookkeeping solutions for all your business needs, giving you peace of mind that everything is being handled according to the proper standards.
You will automatically receive a BAS form from the ATO when you register for an ABN and GST. The form will arrive when it is time to lodge your BAS statement to report your business activity. All businesses registered for GST must lodge a BAS before the due date, whether annually, quarterly or monthly. If your business does not earn enough to register for GST, an instalment activity statement (IAS) has to be lodged with the ATO. The IAS is similar to the BAS but GST and some other taxes are not required to be paid.
Our team of BAS accountants at BYO Group makes certain that your business activity statements are not only lodged on time but are correct in every detail. Our accountants and bookkeepers also work hard to make sure that what you have declared on your taxation forms matches all of your BAS submissions.
BYO Group is dedicated to providing seamless bookkeeping services with clear lines of communication, support, and trust.
For BAS accounting, our bookkeepers at BYO Group are experts. We can quickly and simply prepare your statement, maximise your credit entitlements and lodge your BAS on your behalf by its due date. We prepare your BAS with the details you provide; however, more and more of our clients are happy to reap the benefits of computerised accounting services.
If your BAS statement is due and you’re wondering “Is there a BAS agent nearby or near me?” then give BYO Group a call. We’d be happy to hear from you if you have a question or want to chat. Our number is 0402 100 421, alternatively, you can fill in the convenient online form, and we’ll get back to you in a flash.